We all waited for this moment, the sun is shining and the days are getting longer. Spring is in the air and I feel finally awaking from the long winter sleep. I feel so much more motivated to go outside, I love this time of the year.
Last weekend I grabbed a bucket of water and detergent to recover my long forgotten bicycle, happily acknowledged that nobody needed an extra wheel or my be-loved basket during the winter months and after some cleaning and pumping it was better than new.
Great, well done! And what’s next, I actually have to use my bicycle but during the week I have hardly any time and the weekends are busy too. I know, I’m going to ride my bicycle to work EVERY DAY! This is a great idea, I get some really good cardiovascular training in the morning and the evening, work on my lower half of my body – lets move those tights and calves – and I’m hoping it will help me to shed some pounds from my waistline too. Not to forget about, I do not need to share my bicycle with thousands of people commuting every day on the overcrowded trams.
Here it is how I will go about it:
- Look out for the weather forecast to make sure I do not have to start with an unpleasant experience
- Select the route which is appealing in terms of the traffic, topography and surrounding, I would like to enjoy my daily ride to work and not stress myself
- Get the proper shoes, it is just much more comfortable to get into my flats and keep my heels at work. TIP good reason going for shoes shopping
- Check the facilities at work, so I do not have to search for places right before my meeting starts
- Do not forget the good mood
Ready, steady BIKE!