What are we going to say about Summer 2015? I have one word for it HOT! What can be a better food choice for these hot days than a refreshing and healthy dish like ceviche? What makes the ceviche so healthy is that all the ingredients are raw, including the fish. No added sugar or fat required, everything is natural. The taste is fantastic thanks to the combination of fresh lime, mint leaves, coriander and chilli. Refresh yourself with this recipe with no guilt.
Ingredients for 2:
- 200g sea bass, snapper, halibut or tilapia skinned and filleted; other seafood can also be added e.g. shrimps
- 1 red paprika, deseeded and diced to small cubes
- 1/2 cucumber (or 1 small one), peeled and diced to small cubes
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- juice of 1 to 2 limes
- 1 fresh chilli, deseeded and chopped
- fresh mint leaves, chopped
- fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt
- extra virgin olive oil
- ground black pepper
Dice the fish fillets into small 1cm cubes. In a bowl mix the fish together with the paprika, cucumber and spring onions and put it aside back to the fridge. Prepare the refreshing dressing by squeezing out the lime juice and mixing it with salt and chilli. Now you can assemble the ceviche by mixing the dressing with the fish mixture and adding the chopped herbs and little olive oil. Do not leave the fish marinated too long in the acidy juice as it will cook the fish. Discard rest of the dressing and serve the ceviche immediately.